Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Doing the right thing... when you feel like it.

Its been so long that Ive had this feeling... The last time I remembered it... it was back at secondary school or Uni also but didnt have that strong of a feeling in Uni. Doing something that Im happy with it and I kinda enjoy doing it.

Today at Burgerlab we have some marking out (going to expired but not serving to customer anymore) chicken thigh which is supposed to be thrown away. Somehow Im not sure whose idea it is that we made them into sandwiches and gave it to the homeless and not sure how or why that I willing to join, but im glad I did.

So we went on, 4 people to KL at the end of shift around Menara Maybank area. It was first for me, Im not sure how many of them did it before but looks like most of us did it for the first time. Its a different side of KL as I never been here so late, there was quite a number of people there, most of the people were asleep so don't feel like kacao them also. We left the food and drinks there and some woke up we just past it to them.  Sadly we have too less for too many as we didnt had much just around 15 sandwiches and mineral waters and we managed to give them all out within minutes.

On the way back, I felt satisfied somehow like, maybe this is something I wanted to do. Its a feeling not like yumcha with people. Of course I shouldnt compare this and yumcha but then... I think I can call it a feeling of happiness and its something that I didnt felt for a long time.

No comments: