Thursday, April 14, 2016

First experience in Kiwiland (pics updated)

Its been a few hectic days since I arrived here in New Zealand. Besides the first 2 hours of coming out of the airport, its mainly been suffering I guess. Today finally I’ve done what needs to done and finally have some free time to sit at a café, spend some money on (its very easy to spend and hard to save around here) and update my blog today and sum up what happened for the past few days.

Month 1 Day 1
5pm: Arrived at Auckland International Airport.
615pm: Checked in at hostel
8pm: Getting fish & chips for dinner.
9pm: Sleep
First thing I saw coming out of the airport LOL
Upon arriving it is nice to experience the similar British weather again for after so long. Blue skies, white clouds and also the slightly windy chilly cooling weather. After settling down, went to dinner, AND I NEVER WANT TO HAVE DINNER (or any meal) OUTSIDE AGAIN!! That’s because none of the meals here cost lower than $10. 很蓝贵的咯. From that moment on I decided I have to cook every meal and that’s when my stress and suffering started. (I HAVE TO COOK)

Month 1 Day 2

9am-12pm: Looking for a bank to open account, grocery shopping at Countdown
12-3pm: Heh at hostel, Maggi and Milo as breakfast and lunch (DATA CRISIS)
3-4pm: Opened a bank account successfully YAY!!!!!
4-5pm: Cooked rice without rice cooker (Achievement Unlocked?! XD)
6pm: Dinner (soy sauce with rice and fried egg, need to learn more cooking)
830pm: Movie on the bed (IP MAN 3 LOLX)
10pm: Sleep

It’s a troubled day today. Im feeling so stressed out. Online said that finding a bank to open account is easy. All you need is documents and cash to deposit (Passport, Visa, Proof of Address) and you are done, not to mention banks here are ALL SO EMPTY!!!! I have a bank in mind personally (Kiwibank, which is available at most Postshops (pos ofis). Went to nearest one and said cannot open, SIEN DIAO, went to another one (10-20 min walk away) told me to go to another branch which is 2km away. WALAOEH Lazy to walk lar… give up and went to the one near my hostel (1 min from my hostel, got near near don’t want go far far… I know). OTW back, went for some grocery shopping, everything ok, got my phone number as well. Back to hostel put everything.

Mount Eden Town
Blue place at the end is my bank, ANZ

 So its bank hunting again, go to ASB bank that is near near, kena told that they change policy, my visa only 6 months cannot open account…. DIAO GG lor now… Open account not so easy now… So try my luck at another bank (ANZ) down the street, and they said need appointment at 330pm. Better than nothing so made appointment and go back hostel to relax chill. I have been anti-social most of the time and finally made some friends over here. A girl from Netherlands, a girl from France and a couple from Belgium. I try to be close to them but still I feel they are more close to each other. Maybe I just don’t try hard enough. At least that’s good progress.

DATA CRISIS – Internet is so rare here that the hostel only gives you 500mb of wifi, and you only rely on your mobile data. None of the café I know on the street have free wifi and somehow data just use like water flowing… WTF!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!! I have 300mb left on my hostel wifi and when open Mac somehow habis until I don’t know how it happen. As of now I only have around 700mb of data left on my phone. Apologies for not much pictures, I will try to upload and include in the blog ASAP.

330pm is here, went to bank, all done Woo!!! Finally whole day just to get this done. Sending the IRD form will have to wait till tomorrow.

Cooked my first dinner, rice and egg. Got my ingredients for around $30 (+Day 3) And That can last me a few days. Im hoping to last the entire stay at Auckland. Cooking really saves a lot, but the lazy me also makes sure that I cook less and eat less. Macam diet lar… forced diet. Someone said Demotivation that became motivation. Not bad also as long I eat something everyday every meal ^_^

Month 1 Day 3

10am: Bank statement and sending IRD form. (Another thing off checklist YES!!!)
12pm: Grocery shopping
2pm: Café (and writing this blog on MS Words)
330pm: Mount Eden

Wake up both EARLY and LATE… again!! Did I say I woke up at 12am and 5am the previous day? Well I woke up at 2am and 10am today. DAMN (Banks and Postshop opens at 9). Rush rush to bank to get my statement for IRD and went to Postshop to kaotim my IRD. Finally every serious thing is done all that left is waiting. I can enjoy my time here.

Went to Countdown again to get some other ingredients and biscuits. The walk somehow seem shorter, looks like I’m starting to get used to living here.

Have some spare time before sunset, so going to a café. My first coffee here and a piece of cake for lunch… (Another $11 gone =.=) Hoping for wifi but no luck. So writing my blog on words to post it later.
Flat White and Carrot Cake. Nice coffee.
I don’t know what happens next, I will go on a short short hike on Mount Eden and hopefully get some nice sunset pictures. MAYBE a timelapse video as well. But all that I leave it to the next post and hopefully I will have some pictures to show.

No comments: